Wednesday 19 September 2018

Book Review: A Seductive Affair by Rishabh Puri


After reading Rishabh Puri's maiden book, Inside the Heart of Hope and thoroughly enjoying it. I was a bit surprised by the title A Seductive Affair. Come on, at the first glance, the books do not seem to be written by the same author. However, Rishabh Puri did not disappoint me at all.

Blurb:

img_20180717_1220426422227545665995458.jpg
Prisha Khatriis a regular college graduate, focused on her career, and freshly dumped by her successful fiance. When she lands a job at a prestigious media house, she's glad to have something to take her mind off her heartbreak.
She lands on a business trip with a famously fiery reporter Rajesh Lagheri. He's travelling to a businss conference for a story, and doesn't seem impressed by her involvement. But as soon as they're out of the office, things change, and it becomes clear that there is more to Rajesh's trip than meets the eye.
As Prisha is drawn into the story he's trying to hide from their editor, their hunt for the story grows more intense and she finds herself growing closer to Rajesh, As their chemistry threatens to overwhelm them and Prisha is plled deeper into the Seductive Affair, she must desice what matters most to her - matters of the head, or of the heart.
Okay, before we move on to next segment - I noticed a big slip on the part of the proof readers.
Please note that the blurb names our protagonist as Prisha Khatri but when she goes on for her first day at the office, she is called:
img_20180717_1221432295341946793416196.jpgYes, my friends, Prisha Laghari, Laghari is the surname of our hero, by the way.
I think I can let this one pass. But I found it a hilarious foreshadowing.

Fair Warnings:

Now, prospective reader, the book is narrated in the first person perspective of Prisha, our protagonist. I know many people don't like first person - so, I am just going to warn you over there. Alright?
The next warning is about mature scenes. I think there were three in this book towards the end. So, if you are a person who does not like mature scenes in their books (like me) then you have been warned. I personally think that the scenes weren't necessary for the plot. But if you find the plot interesting you can easily skim them over (like I did).
The final warning is about Indian Edward Cullen - no, not in the sparkling, good-looking vampire sense but quite a manipulative boyfriend sense, who is a chauvinistic douche and I did not like him. Without much spoilers give, I was super happy he was set to the rights by the end of the book. You will have to read to find out how.

My Thoughts:

I loved the book. Read it in one sitting - which is rare for me when it comes to paperbacks. I did the same thing with the author's first book, Inside the Heart of Hope. 
If you are looking for a lovely read over the rainy weekend, then this is the one for you. As I am jobless, I read it on a rainy Tuesday - no problems there. High Five!
This is a love story set in the background of a mystery - a very mild mystery regarding a new story brewing at a business conference.
The best thing I liked about the entire ordeal was the character development of the protagonist - she was quite easily manipulated in the first chapter and by the end of the book, she has learned to stand up for herself.
If you are looking for something greatly mysterious and dramatic, I think you will have to pass this one. This more of a romance than mystery and romance lovers would love it all around.
The story and characters are not in the back of your mind even after you are done reading the book. But then again, there was not much time for you to fall in love with them. This would be a great read on the metro or an hour or two conveyance.

My Final Rating:

3.5/5

You can buy the book here.
Have you read the book? If yes, what did you think? Do you agree with my observations? Do you disagree? Comment below to discuss!
Also, follow me on Instagram for my writings and other book updates. You can also email me at: iipsychologistii@gmail.com
And that's me, signing out.


No comments:

Post a Comment